Modern Zen Garden
A Guide To Zen Gardens
Modern Zen Garden. Stress sucks. Stress is more predominant in modern life. Zen gardens can assist. Stress is dealt with in many different ways by many different people. This post will tell you about zen gardens, a way that works, regardless of your circumstance. What also helps is that it looks extremely beautiful.
Zen gardens consist of gravel or sand that seems like water, rocks, and plants The idea is an organized space for kicking back. It is a common myth that monks meditate in these gardens. They actually meditate in front of a wall. This does not matter however, an organized space means rest. It is a retreat of calm in an otherwise nuts world. I will now tell you how to make one.
1) Area selection – It shouldn’t be too shaded. IT also doesn’t really have to be a big area, more often than not small zen gardens work well. Better in fact.
Read also: Japanese Garden Design Elements
2) Light colored wood is very effective when building the sand or gravel baths. Essential. You can also use metal or rock but I believe light colored wood really has the jump.
3) The final thing you need is weeds and things growing up through the sand or gravel. To stay clear of weeds and such a very good plastic ground sheet must be laid before putting down any gravel or sand.
4) Fill the gravel and sand baths. Ensure that it is even.
5) It doesn’t make any difference what they seem to be just so long as you like them but get some rocks for visual fun. Don’t put in a lot though. You could perhaps pop in some statues like Buddhas.
6) Try to make the sand look like the ripples of water by raking It. Sounds basic but that is the entire purpose. It unwinds the mind and seems to be gorgeous.
7) Get a water fountain or water feature. Not a big elaborate one. Just a basic one so you can hear water as you chill.
8) Depending on how many places you have to have some furniture. A bench set can be wonderful. Just be certain that it is really comfortable. This is all about minimalist ideals though so keep it very simple
9) Place some flowers, great smelling flowers like lavender work best as will shrubs. Again nothing too opulent, just uncomplicated.
It may sound easy but this may take time. It will certainly be worth it in the end. Once it is ready zen gardens are extremely low upkeep. That is the whole point of them seriously. A shorter period weeding a longer period unwinding.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6465236
Related-Searches: zen garden design, zen patio ideas, japanese garden design principles, japanese garden design elements, zen garden design plans, zen garden patterns, zen garden design principles, modern zen garden, japanese garden designers